The Sohmer Piano Building is a Neo-classical Beaux-Arts building, located at 170 Fifth Avenue and East 22nd Street in the Flatiron District. This beauty was constructed in 1897 and is home to numerous tenants. It is easily recognizable by its gold dome, which sits on top of a 2-story octagonal cupola.
It used to house the offices of the American Civil Liberties from 1941 to 1960. After its restoration several years ago, the Sohmer Piano Building now holds offices and luxury condos. The building is very secure with a 16 hour doorman.